I finished up at work yesterday morning. We hit the road tomorrow morning. In between, we have been decompressing. Today has been laundry and a marathon of NCIS. If I finish my "to do" list too early, we will be restless and ready to leave too soon. Not the worst that could happen, I know, but I am already having trouble sleeping because I want to go NOW!
Our big chore this evening is to drop off Mona, the dwarf hamster, at the hamster sitter. She will be in the very capable hands of Lucas's best friend, William. From that point on, the only thing between us and the highway will be loading the car.
Our first stop on our journey will be at the home of our friends, Dan and Rex, outside of Trinidad. Their home is up in the hills, off the beaten path. When we are there, we have the opportunity to see millions of stars not visible in the city, some wildlife and lots of nature. Dan and Rex have been very generous in sharing this beautiful location with us. We will be forever grateful.
Well, well, well--coming south and not even telling us...what is that revenege? SOunds like I need to become friends with your friends--love quirky Trinidad. Where in Florida? How long and what specific plans or willyou just be crashing on teh beach? Whatever, have fun all of you.
ReplyDeleteLance