Overall, our year was one of ups and downs that ended on a high note. Our vacation to Florida was definitely a big high. We did 11 states in 11 days and I blogged them all. We loved our visit with Libby enough to go back in 2010, but fly rather than drive.
Lucas spent the summer in California with his dad. He had a good time but the visit was a little too long for all of us. When he returned, he jumped right into life as a middle schooler. He handled the transition with grace and style, prompting his teachers to comment on his maturity.
Our downs for the year were the result of loss of friends and family. Our dear friend, Dan, lost his battle with cancer just he was wrapping up his chemo and radiation. He was such a bright star in our sky that I am still feeling the loss. I lost an uncle and several friends lost parents. I wrote an unprecedented number of Christmas cards to loved ones who were experiencing their first holiday season since the loss of a spouse or parent.
In 2009, we learned more about giving and opened hearts to others in need. We made sack lunches and handed them out to the homeless on the street. We more openly expressed thanks and increased our charitable giving. I am certain that this part of the reason our holidays were so wonderful. We are truly blessed in many ways. Not only do we have enough to give, but we also have the best of friends and close family that we really couldn't ask for more abundance in our lives.
And, thanks to Shannon, we have the coolest Peruvian hats in Colorado!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment